Photo from my Instagram
I don’t have much going on this weekend and I’m pretty excited about that. I’m trying to be more spontaneous and just play it by ear when it comes to my weekend plans, even though I’ll probably just stay in. That’s actually kind of exciting to me since I’ll have time to work on a couple of sewing projects I started last week. I also want to start making accessories and other things to sell on my Etsy shop, which has been closed for quite a while. While I go work on those projects and figure out other ways to spend my weekend, I’ll leave you with these links:
- I could relate to this post about “enjoying the in-between” on the Fresh Exchange. I’m a very goal-oriented person and a perfectionist and struggle to live in the moment, and I want learn how to enjoy the process of getting to where I want to be.
- I like looking at the workspace of other creatives and Jen Gotch, Creative Director of Ban.do, has a pretty awesome office. I want a room decorated in glitter wallpaper!
- These rasberry and gin slushies are going to be my go-to drink/snack this summer.
- I can’t believe this 18-year-old designed this amazing prom dress herself. I’m also a fan of the fact that she’s speaking up on social media and challenging widespread ideals and standards of beauty.
- I love the hilarious way that female scientists are using social media to take a stand against sexism.
- Here are some useful tips on how to shop for eco-friendly clothes.
- My friends Candace, Tina and Alle have an awesome blog called Asians Doing Everything, which highlights the work of some great individuals in the Asian community. You should check it out and/or submit!