(Click on the pictures to visit the original post)
I can’t believe that 2015 is almost over! It’s very easy to say that this was an amazing year for me when you think of all that I’ve accomplished; I visited some amazing places, quit my job, and I left Los Angeles, my home of almost 27 years, to attend grad school in Portland. This year has been very exciting and full of many changes, and I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store for me. See you all in the new year!
I hope you’re all having a wonderful Christmas Eve (if you celebrate the holiday)! It’s tradition in Mexican culture to get together on Christmas Eve for dinner and open presents at midnight, so I’ll be doing much of my celebrating tonight. I can’t wait to eat tamales and all the yummy food that my family only makes for special occasions. If you’re looking for a break from any holiday prep that you’re doing today, feel free to check out some of the links that I’ve enjoyed lately:
I’m totally craving Erin’s Mexican Albondiga Soup recipe
in this cold weather! Being first-generation Mexican American myself, food is the one way that I feel very connected to my culture, so I probably should take a page out of Erin’s book and start collecting recipes from my mom and grandma. Maybe you’ll see a few pop up on this blog in the near future. 😀
I love that the word feminism
has been in the mainstream lately, but I feel like there are still so many misconceptions about the meaning of that word. I wish there were a stronger discussion of how feminism extends beyond just being a women’s issue. I recently watched a video called ’48 Things Mean Hear in A Lifetime (That are Bad for Everyone),’
which I think is a great way to start a discussion of how feminism is also important for men.
If you’re still working on wrapping presents and are looking for cute ideas, check out this panda gift wrap DIY
on Keiko’s blog.
It’s been a while since I’ve put together a ‘Weekly Links’ post, but I am going to start making an effort to do so more often. Since I don’t have time to write as many blog posts as I’d like to, this is a great way to share awesome content with you on a regular basis. With that being said, here are few links that I’ve found interesting:
- I’m obsessed with @wheresramsey‘s Instagram feed! It’s like playing Where’s Waldo, but with a cute French bulldog.
- I am obsessed with Master of None, a new Netflix series created by Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang. The show is incredibly funny, and I love that it deals with important issues such as gender, race and sexuality. I must warn you that it’s very easy to get hooked once you start watching–I binge watched the first season this past weekend!
- If you’re thinking of DIYing holiday gifts this season, check out this post on homemade holiday scrubs. You can make a couple of these and package them nicely in mason jars, and you’re all set!
- Keiko Lynn’s outfit has me wishing for warmer weather. I need to find a cute patch to sew on to my denim jacket ASAP!
- Poketo, one of my favorite stores, has really nice gift guides for him and for her, if you’re looking to do some shopping this upcoming weekend.
I hope you’re all having an awesome week and have fun plans for Thanksgiving. I’m just excited to have a few days off to rest and catch up on my sleep. I still have to work on various school projects for upcoming deadlines, but the good thing is that I can stay in my pajamas all day long. I’m so ready to be done with my first term of grad school and head back home to LA. I know the next few weeks will be pretty busy and hectic for me, so wish me luck. I know I’ll need it!